Friday, March 25, 2011

Blast From The Past

Two best friends once had this dialogue with each other.

The Purple Lotus



"Live like there’s no tomorrow"
Sounds clichéd, kind of hollow
But it should be my creed, be my motto,
I realize it only when confronted with sorrow.


“Live like there’s no tomorrow”
Yes its clichéd but nay it’s not hollow

Make it your creed; make it your motto,
But not just when you’re confronted with sorrow!

"I'll be fine. it wont happen to me"
I say when I think of tragedy
I refuse to acknowledge my mortality;
Or that of those closest to me.

Tragedies may occur, let them be
It’s the blessings that’s will set you free

Spend your time with closest to thee
Instead of quibbling on philosophical quandaries.

But I can't deny disasters are rife
Destroying cities, destroying lives
Add to that war and strife
And I have to wonder - why ?

Disasters are rife, lives filled with anger
But the Purple Lotus, thrives in the murkiest of waters

Remind us it does of hope never lost

Isn’t that enough for one to wonder?

"Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble"
No longer just the witches' gabble,
All that's left is rubble.

So Clikkety Clakkety Clikkety Clak;
Tap those heels till the floorboards crack

No longer will that be annoying sonic

When accompanied by some graceful swinging.


It makes me scared, it makes me frightened
Makes me question what i thought was certain
However much I exercise caution,
I still might end up in a coffin.

It’s human to be scared, human to be frightened
Now that’s normality for a certain
Have fun building your sanctuary
Instead of distressing about your obituary.

But paranoia and fear everyday,
It’s no good living that way.
I can just hope, I can just pray
That everything will be ok.

Paranoia and fear everyday??
You got that right… no good living that way
Keep alive the hope, freely outside let it flow
In you then will, the Purple Lotus grow.

No comments: